Ins & Outs Of Building An Awesome Marketing Technology Stack
Martech — the blend of marketing and technology — is a hot topic right now. With emerging technologies come new marketing possibilities: Instagram campaigns, automated responses, computerized content analysis, and more. Companies everywhere are trying to leverage these new technologies to meet their marketing objectives. But if companies don’t fully understand the new technologies, they won’t be able to select methods that most effectively help them achieve their goals.
That’s where JSMM comes in. According to Valerie Jennings, CEO of JSMM, “We started testing MarTech and different elements of MarTech, such as artificial intelligence, in 2018. But this year we are rolling out what we consider our hot sheet of the top trends, tools and software.” Read on to learn about the hot sheet, the tools it includes and how those tools can help your business.
What is a marketing technology stack?
Jennings highlighted that a marketing technology stack is “a combination of technology, automation platforms, marketing and more to help companies improve efficiencies and digital marketing performance.”
As Jennings explained, this sheet (document) is meant to be tailored to each client and their individual needs, as different tools or platforms will be right for each company. Based on consumer personas, business goals and needs and traffic on various channels, we can work with you to find which technologies will work best and get you results that are worth your investment.
To see the full JSMM marketing technology stack, request it here: [link]
What is included in the stack?
The categories included in this marketing technology stack are:
- Chatbots: Virtual agents programmed to engage with potential customers using advanced technology such as AI. A common example is a chat box that automatically pops up and greets website visitors with a “How can I help you today?” message when the customer enters the web page.
- Cross-platform automated marketing and advertising reporting: Programs that measure marketing and advertising performance across various platforms. Performance reporting can be tedious, but it’s essential. Automated reporting saves valuable time and resources.
- Email personalization: Advanced technology that analyzes subscriber data and tailors emails to each individual consumer based on his or her data. These methods give subscribers content that’s relevant to their interests and demographics, which increases open rates and engagement.
- Machine learning: A branch of AI where systems gather and analyze data, identify patterns and make decisions completely autonomously. Machine learning has numerous marketing applications, all of which allow for more targeted and effective marketing that ultimately saves time and money.
- Digital competitor analysis: Technology that collects information on competitor tactics and performance and compares it to one’s own company. These tools allow for quick data collection and analysis, meaning you can more swiftly improve your methods and outperform competitors.
- Content analysis and recommendation: Tools that analyze content performance based on definable metrics that companies can use to make better digital marketing decisions. With more advanced software, artificial intelligence and machine learning can even identify what content, images and color schemes will perform best at what time of day.
- Social listening and monitoring: Programs that identify, respond to and analyze brand mentions on social media. Automating these processes saves time and allows you to improve your content for customers.
- Reputation management: Systems that manage a brand or person’s reputation and address any damaging content before it causes harm. Reputation management tools help prevent small occurrences from becoming larger issues.
- Influencer management: Programs that help find, vet, oversee and analyze influencers for your brand. Influencer management tools make it easier to discover and direct influencers and track the success of their work.
- Instagram analytics: Tools that track impressions, reach, clicks, mentions and more on Instagram. Instagram analytics improve both platform performance and overall marketing strategy.
How does Martech benefit social media strategy?
Each tool, platform and technology on this list was carefully researched and selected for its ability to go above and beyond typical marketing techniques. Whatever your marketing strategy or company goal, we can help you implement new technologies that will improve your results. In addition, the process is highly personalized. We organized the sheet by automation level — beginner, intermediate and advanced. Depending on your marketing technology strategy and budget, we can recommend the perfect tools for your company. These options range from simple and very affordable to pricier options that provide deeper insight. We can consult you on the best options no matter the budget!